Poledance Courses & Workshops
In our Pole Tricks & Combos classes you learn the technically clean aesthetic execution of various dance moves and figures on the pole. We pay attention to a functional, body-fair and joint-gentle execution.
Once the isolated movements are no longer a challenge for you, you are ready to dance the learned content in a lyrical pole dance choreography with expression.
While our workout classes get your figure in shape and improve your flexibility, you can live out your dance expression in our dance classes – unleash your potential!
Contents & Topics
Our course program can be divided into the following main categories and subcategories:
While we promote the physical conditions such as strength, coordination and mobility with the Workout, the focus with the Pole Tricks & Combos courses is to learn an aesthetic and at the same time body-fair technique with the execution of acrobatic elements to connect and combine several figures fluently witheinenader.
In the dance and pole choreo classes, it’s all about applying the skills you’ve learned to a lyrical choreography and expressing your performance. We start every six weeks with a new choreography with different figures, a lateral entry is possible after arrangement, the entry in our workout as well as pole tricks & combos courses is possible at any time.
Poledance Course Schedule
In order to achieve an optimal learning effect, we recommend to start with a Pole Tricks & Combos course, which corresponds to your level, to participate regularly at least once a week. For the choreography classes it would be advantageous if you have already internalized some basic techniques and dance movements.
If you want to learn even faster, you can take part in our parallel workout classes to improve your strengths and/or compensate for deficits.
The following overview shows you our course division according to training goals.
- Please come to the course already dressed
- Please bring a towel and your own cleaning cloth for the bar.
- For disinfection, first spray the disinfectant into your cloth and clean the training equipment with it.
- If a course is fully booked, you are welcome to join the waiting list so that we can recognize the demand and adjust the offer. Some courses will also be continued as LiveStream, so that you can also participate from home.
Fragen & Antworten
- Pole Training: Shorts, a sleeveless shirt and socks are required for our pole classes. For the time of the warm up it is worthwhile to pull over the short Hot Pants a long comfortable training trousers over it. Please do not put any cream on before the course units, as this makes some moves on the pole much more difficult or impossible. In addition, you should refrain from wearing jewellery (necklaces, rings, watches, bracelets) during the workout, otherwise the bar will be damaged and you could possibly injure yourself. If you have painted toenails, please be sure to wear socks! If you don’t feel comfortable in shorts, bring a pair of athletic shorts that can be pulled up over your thighs if needed. For hygienic reasons, please bring a towel and your own cleaning cloth for the bar.
- Workout | Flexibility: Regular sportswear, shorts and socks are required for our workout classes.
- High Heels, Twerk and Dance Classes: For these classes, we recommend comfortable clothing, knee pads, socks, and high heels or clean indoor sneakers if necessary.
- Aerial yoga: leggings and long sleeve shirt
- Aerial Hoop: Thick leggings or knee bandages to protect the back of the knees and long-sleeved shirt
For a successful training you should refrain from wearing jewellery (necklaces, rings) during the training, otherwise our training equipment could be damaged and you could possibly injure yourself. Please shower before class, use deodorant and do not put on lotion or too much makeup as this can make it difficult to workout with our exercise equipment. If you have painted toenails, be sure to put on socks.
Pole dancing trains strength, agility and coordination in equal measure. Pole Dance offers a challenging workout especially for advanced athletes. From the intermediate level onwards, you move into the competitive sports area.
Strength: All muscle groups are used in pole dancing, especially the upper body. You’ll strengthen your back, shoulders and arms, and work your hip flexors as well as your abdominal muscles. In addition, regular training improves your grip strength. How to make it to your first pull-up in 4 weeks.
Flexibility: Pole dancing moves your body in every direction – side bends, rotations, back bends and forward bends – making you more flexible in no time!
Coordination: By learning different choreographies, your coordination and muscle memory will be enhanced. If you have to move your left arm and your right leg, for example, it becomes coordinatively exhausting, especially if you hang upside down and have to turn. But hey, practice makes perfect!
Pole dance helps to lose weight
Depending on the style and duration of the workout, you can burn up to 400 calories doing pole. Pole sport training shapes a beautiful body, and then through proper nutrition you lose weight.
That’s why you should always combine sports and a healthy diet. The more muscle mass there is, the more calories the body burns even at rest. And if you also enjoy the sport: all the better!
Pole dance improves your body awareness
As a “Polerina” you dance more upright through life, because during training you basically work close to the joints and often hook yourself to the bar with your knee or inner thighs.
Dancing on the pole is a full-body workout.
A good course always starts with a warm-up – after all, the muscles need to be warmed up and prepared for the workout. After that, you practice different tricks or a choreography together with the trainer and finish the workout with a cool-down.
Pole Dance offers a super mix of strength and flexibility training combined with graceful dance elements. Your whole body is challenged from head to toe. Meanwhile, there are numerous pole dance studios where you can learn the versatile sport. In the process, you’ll not only strengthen your body, but also your self-confidence.
Why not give it a try and start your all-in-one workout at the bar!
As with any other sport, 1-3 training sessions per week would be optimal to make the fastest progress. Between workouts, your body needs time to recover.
For the recovery phases we recommend:
- Sufficient good sleep
- healthy natural balanced food
as well as pure water
- plenty of sunlight and clean air
Basically, anyone can learn pole dancing. It doesn’t matter if you are a man or a woman, old or young – the main thing is that you have the necessary motivation. Even if you consider yourself rather unathletic so far, pole dancing can be just right for you: You start with simple exercises and soon achieve successes that motivate you to continue.
As a newcomer to the field, you’d better first attend a pole dance class for beginners – in our pole dance studio, professional trainers will teach you the right steps and holds. They will give you helpful tips and recognize when you are doing something wrong.
Pole dance is the perfect sport for anyone who wants to build strength, become more flexible, or simply enjoy acrobatic dancing. There are actually no prerequisites. The only important thing is that, especially as a beginner, you find a trainer who will teach you the sport step by step.
You should make sure that the trainer is experienced, because in Germany there is no state-approved training as a pole dance trainer. Look explicitly for courses for beginners at the beginning. Also, it’s beneficial if you’ve done yoga, Pilates, or mobility before, as you’ll be mobilizing your entire body while dancing on the pole.
However, if you have physical limitations such as chronic pain or injuries to your shoulder, knees or hip, you should talk to your health care provider before your first class. Pregnant women should also discuss there whether pole dancing is still possible.
Of course. We offer our courses in different levels of difficulty, so that every participant – no matter if with no or already much previous experience – can be optimally supported and trained. It is therefore not a prerequisite to have dance or sports experience, as we work exclusively methodically-pedagogically with our students without overtaxing them. As a new start we recommend our Poledance Beginner Workshop or the Poledance Basics Course for all absolute beginners without previous dance or sport experience.
With us, students are trained individually according to their abilities. Therefore – for maximum learning success – different levels of difficulty (‘Levels’) are offered. In our courses marked “All”, all participants – regardless of their training level – are welcome.
Since each level has a wealth of different techniques and figures, different choreographies and figures are taught in each class. Therefore, a level is not automatically completed after a single 6 week course. Prerequisite for the next higher level is the automated clean execution of the learning content of the previous level. So you can stay at one level without any pressure to perform until you feel ready for the next challenge.
The minimum age in our courses is always 14 years – unless the courses are explicitly advertised for children or teenagers. If the student is under 18, parental consent is required. There is no upper age limit.
Since quality and effective learning are important to us, each student has his own training equipment at his disposal – this reduces possible risks of injury and ensures a successful training! In addition, to create an educational learning environment, there is a limited number of participants for each course. Prior registration for our courses is therefore essential.
Can I continue to practice the course contents I have learned at home between the training sessions?
Of course, you can also exercise in the comfort of your own home, provided you have the appropriate exercise equipment. However, we recommend that you only perform the difficult figures (especially the overhead ones) with a trained instructor, as this can lead to serious injuries under certain circumstances. As soon as you have mastered the technique of the difficult figures, you can of course practice them on your own at home. But: Please do not experiment without professional guidance!
We regularly offer PlayTime, where you can practice the course content alone or in small groups.
There are different suppliers of poles: Some poles are cheap, but not stable enough to dance acrobatic elements.
Basically, pole dance poles differ by the following criteria:
- Static or Spinning Poles: Static Poles are immobile, while Spinning Poles rotate around themselves. Models that you can use in both static and spinning mode are especially practical.
- Mounting method: You can either mount your pole between the ceiling and the floor or place it freely in the room. The latter variant is called Stage and is suitable for households where the ceilings and floors are not sufficiently stable. But for this it is also more expensive than the regular pole, which is clamped between the ceiling and floor or mounted permanently.
- Diameter: The diameter of a pole dance pole should fit the size of your hand. It’s best to just try different sizes to find out which diameter suits you best.
- Material: Chrome is the most common material for pole dance poles. Stainless steel is especially suitable as an alternative for people with a chrome allergy. There are also pole dance poles that are coated with silicone. This provides a firm grip even with clothes on, making it great for photo shoots but not so great for everyday workouts. In most cases, it makes sense to choose the material and diameter you already know from training in the gym.
As a beginner, you should only learn pole dancing under professional guidance, otherwise you could quickly injure yourself. You can also participate in a trial training in advance. This way you can find out if this sport suits you at all and get some first impressions.
Until you master the pole dance moves perfectly, you will have to repeat them very often. For this you need a lot of strength and endurance. As a beginner, it is therefore helpful to do targeted strength training in parallel with pole dancing lessons in order to build up basic fitness and strength. Our workout courses are suitable for this, whereby you additionally promote your flexibility.
To build strength, simple exercises such as plank, sit-ups or push-ups are also suitable, which you can easily perform at home.
Stretch regularly outside of pole dancing classes. To increase your range of motion, we recommend the stretching exercises from our Flexibility classes.
One hour pole dance lessons cost between 16 – 25€.
The price may vary depending on the following factors:
- Qualification, experience and competence of trainers
- Spatial equipment and comfort
- Equipment quality
- Spectrum of the course offer
This is because not only is the initial cost to the provider large, but our classes also require a lot of space around each piece of exercise equipment, so significantly fewer participants can be accepted per class. In order to ensure that, in addition, each participant has his or her own training equipment, it is necessary for a student to pay more than is usual in the regular group fitness area in order to be able to cover the costs. Thus, the prices are midway between group fitness and personal training.
1. send your voucher with the subject “voucher” to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. the voucher will be assigned to your customer account. If you do not have an account with us, we will create one in your name and email address.
3. as soon as you have confirmed your customer account, you can register for our events with your credit.